The Crow River Area Breastfeeding Coalition was established in 2006 as a way to bring together members of the community to improve breastfeeding support.
Collaborate with local health departments, WIC, healthcare, businesses, and community members to protect, support, and promote breastfeeding.
Provide a clear and consistent message through the community about breastfeeding resources and support.
Resources for Families:
Resources for Child Care:
Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace Resources:
If you are interested in joining our efforts please consider attending a meeting by contacting:
Jenny (320) 693-5370, [email protected] or
Whitney (507) 237-4018, [email protected]
- Meeker and Sibley Counties achieve Breastfeeding Friendly Health Department status from MDH
- Created toolkit for Breastfeeding Friendly Childcare initiative
- Hosted “Building Bridges to Breastfeeding” professional training
- Portable lactation spaces present at seven community events
- Big Latch On participation increases to 109 attendees
- Translate breastfeeding resource list to Spanish Community breastfeeding support survey completed
- Mini-grant received from Healthy Communities used to purchase three portable lactation spaces for events.
- Establish “The Big Latch On” event in Hutchinson
- Meeker County establishes dedicated Lactation Room
- Reformat resource guide to brochure form
- Outreach to businesses to promote Breastfeeding Friendly Workplaces
- Fundraising efforts to businesses and via Schwan’s fundraiser
- Moms Like You support group established through WIC
- McLeod County Public Health obtained Breastfeeding Friendly Health Department at the bronze level
- Grant obtained for WIC peer breastfeeding support
- Increased contact reported with breastfeeding moms through local CLC’c, IBCLC’s, and WIC.
- Community invites Distribute Best Milk to Pioneerland and Traverse des Sioux library systems
- Breastfeeding support survey to postpartum moms
- Update resource list to include breastfeeding classes
- RV Space at Meeker and McLeod fairs
- Host 3 trainings of Supporting Breastfeeding in the Childcare Setting in Meeker, McLeod, and Sibley Counties.
- Distributed laminated prenatal education resource to clinics.
- McLeod County hosts the 6th Annual Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition
- Submitted $2500 grant for provider breastfeeding support through Office of Women’s Health
- Breastfeeding promotion ad in HEALTH
- Meeker County hosted Bridges to Bridges breastfeeding training
- RV Space at Meeker and McLeod fairs
- Breastfeeding friendly worksites break out session at SHIP Wellness Event in Hutchinson
- Member trained in Supporting Breastfeeding in the Childcare Setting
- Breastfeeding/Family Space at the McLeod County Fair-used money from grant received in 2011
- Crow River Area Breastfeeding Coalition Facebook page
- Article in McLeod County employee newsletter and HAHC newsletter during World Breastfeeding Month
- Logo created
- Updated breastfeeding resource as bookmark to include internet sites
- Breastfeeding promotion at Pregnant Pause event, community baby shower
- McLeod County received $1000 for lactation room
- Business Case for Breastfeeding training, Train the trainer
- Work place survey-McLeod County
- County Wide Breastfeeding Accommodations listing-McLeod County as employer
- Coalition expansion to include Meeker and Sibley Counties
- 3 M workplace award
- Goody bags for women in OB August for WBW
- McLeod County provider/staff breastfeeding survey (needs assessment) conducted
- Breastfeeding conference held in Hutchinson
- Hutch Leader article, radio interview on KDUZ during WBW
- Developed county wide breast pump resource list
- Implemented Baby and Me support group at local hospitals
- Goody bags distributed for women in OB in August for World Breastfeeding Week
- Improved direct referral process hospital d/c to f/u with PH, automatic
- Established coalition, identified priorities and goals related to coalition efforts.